About Rich Cruz
With roots in business management and consulting, entrepreneurship, web and graphic design, content creation, and fine art, my mission is to meet the marketing needs of the Greater Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana business community.
Developing, implementing, managing, and measuring digital marketing programs and digital marketing initiatives are what I do.
I believe that Inbound marketing is the cornerstone of a solid marketing strategy. With targeted branding, content development, art direction, keyword research, analytics, and web design, I ensure that a company’s digital ecosystem — with the website at the nucleus — is primed for success. I then help businesses to develop and track other digital marketing efforts including marketing automation, SEO, PPC, display advertising, and integrated marketing.
My goal is to make a strong, positive impact on the organization, working with and across departments to optimize projects and operations. My digital marketing expertise, team leadership experience, MBA studies, and commitment to community have helped me to be an outstanding employee, consultant, problem solver and communicator.
Some of the industries I’ve served include: healthcare, SaaS, manufacturing, technology, retail, professional services, industrial, legal, financial, non-profit, health and chiropractic, nutrition, publishing, the arts, and education.
I received my MBA from Capella University and hold a BA from the College of Visual Art of the University of Chicago. In addition to ongoing training in marketing, I also have the following certifications:
- Certified Management Consultant (CMC)
- Certified Professional Digital Marketer (CPDM)
- Professional Certified Marketer (PCM)
- Google Analytics Certification
- Google Adwords Certification
- HubSpot Inbound Certification
- HubSpot Email Certification
- HubSpot Contextual Marketing Certification.
Furthermore, I have completed training in Project Management and Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
Outside of Work
I love playing the harmonica, and I am a percussionist and certified drum circle facilitator. I have been married to my wife of sixteen years, Lisa, who is a music teacher and performer. We have three children, a chihuahua, and a giant day gecko.
As a Wood Badger, I also serve as an Assistant Scoutmaster and Communications Chair in Scouts BSA Troop 699 in Palos Park, IL. I’ve also served as Assistant Cubmaster, Den Leader, Webmaster, and Committee Member of Cub Scout Packs 358 and 3729 and a Committee Member of Boy Scout Troops 358 and 729. Formerly, I served for more than three years as the Communications Chair for Arrowhead District for Scouts BSA Pathway to Adventure Council. Furthermore, I have served on the marketing committee for several non-profit organizations including chambers of commerce and arts and professional organizations.
I’m also a member of:
- Knight of Columbus Council 14057
- St. Alexander Church Palos Heights — Eucharistic Minister and Lector
- IMC USA – Institute of Management Consultants
- AMA – American Marketing Association
- SIOP – Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- SHRM – Society for Human Resources Management
- PMI – Project Management Institute
- SPAH – Society for the Preservation and Advancement of the Harmonica
- SCLA – Society for Collegiate Leadership and Achievement at Purdue
- Psi Chi Honor Society at Purdue
- Alpha Alpha Alpha (Tri-Alpha) at Purdue